Thursday, November 26, 2009

A time to give thanks.

This might be a cop-out-because-I-want-to-spend-time-with-my-family post, which I'm sure everyone out there in interweb land will forgive. :)

Thanksgiving is quiet for us this year--two of my siblings and their respective significant others and families live far away--but it's good. I like Thanksgiving because it is a set-aside time to reflect on how truly good I have it. I may not always like my job, but even though I'm keeping my eyes open for something better, I'm glad I have it. Especially after being able to buy groceries for my family for the month and contributing to the utilities. My job doesn't pay nearly as much as I'd like, but it gives me enough to help others who need it. I live in a nice home with people I love. My 15-year-old car runs really well. We have enough food. We're healthy.

We've been blessed in so many ways and it's just nice to remember that every once in a while.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!

0 comments: