Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Compliments

Seems like I've seen lots of articles about how women need to learn to accept compliments without making excuses or denying that the good things people say about us are true. I like to think I'm pretty darn good at that (nobody ever compliments me on my humility, wonder why).

But does anyone ever write one of those articles telling men the same thing? I don't think I've ever seen one. Someone needs to get on that and write one for them.

When I offer a general compliment on his looks, he says thank you. But if I try anything more specific, he has to offer excuses and say he'll look better this next week because he's going to work out more than he did last week. Every time!

Okay, maybe not every time, but enough that I notice. If I didn't like the look of his arm muscles, I would not have even brought it up. Go do your push-ups and weights if you want, but I'm telling you that right now, I like your arms.

0 comments: