Here's just a simple list of a lot of the things I never expected for our first year of marriage while I'm off celebrating our anniversary.
It's been an incredible ride and I've loved every minute of it. He still makes me all fluttery inside. But then, technically, we're still newlyweds for another six months.
- I never expected I would have already broken a glass. And that it would make me cry.
- I never expected I wouldn't have a large "I'm married!" moment. It's been rather a whole bunch of little things adding together.
- I never expected that I would like cooking so much.
- I never expected I wouldn't be pregnant by now, and that it would make me feel so broken.
- I should have, but didn't, expect how close not getting pregnant, or any other struggle, would make us.
- I never expected that I would so quickly start to think I couldn't live alone again. I successfully lived alone, and enjoyed it, for 7+ years. What's happened to me?
- I never expected I would go to bed so early and get up so early so consistently. My dad tried my entire life to make me sleep like a normal person. My normal 8 hours of sleep were 4am to noon.
- I never expected it would be so easy to get used to sleeping in the same bed with someone else. I think it helped that we got married when it was cold and he's real warm.
- I should have, but didn't, expect to be this happy. I didn't know there was this level of happiness.