Sunday, November 28, 2010

Is there a problem officer?

I've been watching a lot of How I Met Your Mother lately, thanks to the reruns being in syndication on cable. The whole premise of this show is this father is telling his kids the story of how he met their mother. Naturally, there is a lot of talk of relationships as the characters move in and out of them fairly consistently.

I don't usually get anything incredibly insightful out of it, though it's an interesting take on modern relationships and it really is pretty funny.

Tonight, however, I watched an episode where Ted (the main character) runs into an old girlfriend, Stella. At the end of the episode, Stella tells Ted a story of how she once talked her way out of a speeding ticket. The cop pulled her over and walked up to her car and said "Young lady, I have been waiting for you all day." Stella looked up at him and said "I'm sorry, officer, I got here as fast as I could." When Ted asks if that really happened, she says no, it's just an old joke. Then she says that "the one" for Ted is coming "just as fast as she can".

That really struck me.

To my future husband, I say:

Baby, I'm coming, just as fast as I can, and I know you are too. I can't wait to see you and get started on the rest of our lives together! I know you're worth the wait! I love you!

2 comments:

RobynRenee said...

I am so going to use that line now for myself! "Baby, I'm coming, just as fast as I can!" I love it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting :)

Roxie said...

I like this. It reminds me of the Rascal Flatts song, "Bless the Broken Road."