Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hey hey! Look who had a date!

I had a date this weekend! It was planned ahead, paired off, and paid for. Hey, it even ended with a hug! While neither of us said the word "date", I'd say if it wasn't a date, I don't know what is. In fact, by true definition, it was probably our second or third date.

Honestly, I'm not sure who asked who out. I told him about a subject I was researching just for fun some weeks back and he was intrigued. I then added that I wanted to go a local museum dedicated to the subject after I'd finished my research, and that we should go together. So, when I was ready I told him so and asked "When do you want to go?" He suggested that very Saturday, and we arranged the rest of the details.

The museum was fascinating, and it spawned some interesting discussion between the two of us. We hadn't planned lunch after, but we almost simultaneously suggested it and he ended up paying.

It was really a good date. We've talked since, and we'll probably go out again. Way too early to say if it's anything, but I'm glad for it anyway.

Just thought I'd share the good news.

For further reading, I've discussed my feelings on the definition of dates before, but here are a couple corroborating articles, both religious and secular.

0 comments: